Sunday, May 08, 2011

Jack Schaap Transcript - response to 20/20 broadcast

Posted by Hannah at 9:24 AM

Jack Schaap arrogant response to the 20/20 program, and his enabling Elders snickering in the background
The picture of Jack Schaap preaching to his church after segments of him appeared on the 20/20 show about Tina Anderson and Independent Fundamental Baptist Church.  It seems his congregation was a bit alarmed that they used him as an example of what some circles teach.

Schaap states with pride that he was quoting the word of God, and yet if you listen to what he said during the program?  None of it came from the bible at all.

You see I'm don't take my theology from a woman ISN'T in the bible.  Telling women they better look like they did when they got married, and don't allow themselves to get fat?  Its not in the bible either.

His response to the 20/20 program is defensiveness, and something the program pointed out.  You don't question nor criticize your pastor.  He can't throw 20/20 out of the church, and so instead Schaap decided to proudly rage in church instead. 

He basically proved the point of the show, and I don't think he even realized it.  The attitude they spoke of is right there for the world to see.

He was so comfortable with what he say - he told video locations throughout the internet to pull down his response due to copyright infringements.  lol okay then!

You don't take down videos of you justifying yourself to your congregation if you sleep well at night with what you said.  You don't take down videos of yourself saying, "Hallelujah God's word is getting out!" of you really MEAN IT!

You notice the elders in the background with smiles and grins on their faces?  It shows to the world their acceptance of the venom he throws at others, and their pandering to his hatred.  He admits he is arrogant, and basically tells others if you don't like OH WELL!

I have recently seen the Jack Schaap video up again on the internet.  You can search for it, but I decided to post his transcript of the video response to 20/20.

Jack Schaap Transcript - response to 20/20 broadcast:

ABC news called me this week and said "We heard that you believe that men should be in charge of their wives"

I said, "No sir, I didn't say that. I said God said that. He said husbands are the head of the wife."

I said, "You got a problem with what I said when I'm quoting the Bible, then maybe you should take it up with God."

He said, "Do you think that's appropriate?"

I said, "Son, anything God says is appropriate. I think you better get that straight right now."

I never apologise for standing where God stands. I never worry standing where God stands. Somebody says, "You know what they are going to say about you?"

Pffft, who cares?

Stand in line, pick a number, slob!

Get you little squirt gun out and squirt away.

Bigger things to worry about. Heaven, Hell, life, death.

"Not bothered what people say about you?"

"Not at all. If they're quoting me while I am quoting the Bible, Hallelujah God's word is getting out!"

Don't you ever worry about your pastor being rattled, or worried, or unsettled, or unnerved. I sleep fine.

Too many people worried about ... uh uh ... somebody the other day asked me... they uh.... this reporter he said "I heard that you ..."

...um ....

"That it would be a cold day in Hell before you get your theology from a woman."

He said "Don't you think that's kind of think that's demeaning to the genders?"

I said, "Ask Adam what he thought about getting his theology from a woman."

I said, "It damned the whole world. The reason your sorry soul is going to Hell is because a woman told Adam what God thinks about things."

He says, "You're pretty strong about what you believe."

I said, "Not half as strong as what God knows you ought to believe."

I wouldn't get theology from a woman. I don't mind if mamma teaches the kids, I don't mind a strong lady, and a wise woman, and a gracious godly woman, that follows the lesson and teaching of the pastor.

Hey all you listening to me right now, I still believe it would be a cold day in Hell before i get my theology from a woman. I'm a preacher. Wasn't called papa sin(?).

No woman ever got me involved in ministry. I didn't follow a woman into ministry. A woman didn't write this book. No woman wrote the scriptures right here. A man wrote the Bible -- got it from God. A man hung on the cross. His name is Jesus Christ and God called a man to lead the church here. Hey! I'm glad I'm a man!

So many of you got nervous. Saw the preacher on the news. Praise the Lord the word of God is being quoted. More than some of you're doing about getting the word of god out.

I don't care about being politically correct. I don't care who it hair lips. I don't care if it bothers everybody from the White House, or the old man sitting in the out house. I wanna know what's going on in the church house, and I'm the messenger of the church.

What I say is more important that what the news reporter thinks I ought to say. God didn't call him to tell me what to do, and God didn't call anybody else either. You know, if that's arrogant, so be it!

The problem is the truth of the scriptures here.

End Transcription.

I wonder if Jesus approves of him coming across as a Bully?  Do you think such a man would be a safe person to go to if you were experiencing sexual abuse or domestic violence within your home? 

The man is the poster child for Misogynist Patriarchy. 

He basically endorsed their message of abusive leadership, and his pride won't allow him to be humbled in the least.  His elders are basically enabling him and they smile and scream out AMEN!

Sadly, he is a great example of why people look to them as entitled narcissists.  Jack Schaap speaks at the colleges, and schools.  Then they tell the world that isn't what they stand for.

Schaap was also more concerned about what people thought of the presentation on 20/20 then about the abuses the program spoke about.

Tina Anderson and the others spoke about the bulls in the China Shop.  He basically confirmed it for many.


If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!



Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Technorati Digg This Stumble Facebook Twitter Delicious

9 comments:

Mara Reid on 1:13 PM said...

I'm done with my small men series so don't care to add him to my list.

But if I could remake the "Real Men of Genius" commercials from budweiser and instead make a "Real Men of Arrogance" commercial for Jack Schaap, that might be good therapy for having to subject to so much bull in such a short time passed off as gospel.

Marg on 10:21 PM said...

Are there women in his church?

Imagine being the wife or daughter of this guy? Or the wife or daughter of one of the elders?

Too sad to contemplate. :'(

Judging by this man's arrogance and rudeness, and apparent lack of grace, one wonders what sort of measure of grace God will use when he judges this man. This man shows no reverence of God, only selfish pride.

"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:2

Tragedy all round.

Mara Reid on 6:57 AM said...

Was thinking about this commercial I'd do if I had the time and talent and thought that to get the full effect the guy in the back ground should actually be singing, "Real men of humility" in and around the over-the-top arrogant comments made by Jack Schaap.

"Stand in line, pick a number, slob!
(Mr. Humble, gracious, and lovable man)

The reason your sorry soul is going to hell is because a woman told Adam what God thinks about things.
(Mr. Bridge building, woman loving, thoughtful guy representing God.)

Hey, I'm glad I'm a man!
(Not afraid to speak the truth in love)

What I say is more important than what the news reporter thinks I ought to say. God didn't call him to tell me what to do. And God didn't call anybody else either. You know, if that's arrogant, than so be it.
(Real men of humility)

[side note. I wonder how many women are going to hell right now because they let men tell them what God thinks.]

Hannah on 8:59 AM said...

The 'God didn't call him to tell me what to do' or call anyone else for that matter....

It shows this superior moral compass he thinks he has. He will tell you what's what, but don't you dare correct him - GOD didn't you give you the RIGHT!

It shows he takes that 'obey the pastor' part of scripture, and bent it to his liking.

I feel for the women of that church due to the disdain he teaches, and honestly anyone else that would dare question him.

Sally Davis said...

Thank you for posting this transcript. I've seen the video but it keeps getting pulled. Somebody posted a bunch of "testimonies" under the Schaap name to lure people in to "hear the gospel." GAG.

These people make me sick. I cannot imagine how a woman could have sat in that church through that tirade.

Hannah on 10:02 AM said...

I understand. Some faith circles take their authority over others to new levels, and if you were brought up that males - esply pastor's - are your authority? They accept it. Its been drilled into them. I think that is how the 'separatist' belief can work with them. This type of 'belief' is set in since birth, and there are no outside influences to show them any different.

Someone looking at both views said...

Prove where scripture says he's wrong and i'll agree. And he is right. If God says it nothing is wrong with it. If man Puts a question Mark where God puts a Period thats dangerous. Not being sexist or anything but it's true. and as far as im concerned even from a non God veiw who cares? Sticks and stones. He's got a point. what do i care what you say? your a person with an opinion so is he. Whats it matter what either of you say? accept on the basis he has a higher authority and a Book Centuries old and proven and you have you left wing mind thats lived for only 30 years. im sticking with the Centuries.

Hannah on 3:24 PM said...

Your screen name you wish to use is, 'Someone looking at both views'.

I honestly don't see where the other view is in your response.

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Rom 12:10 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
Rom 12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
Rom 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
Rom 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
Rom 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
Rom 12:15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
Rom 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
Rom 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
Rom 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

That is my response.

Your Quote: Centuries old and proven and you have you left wing mind thats lived for only 30 years. im sticking with the Centuries.

(giggles) You don't know me, nor my age. You don't know my politics either.

Roman's gave you the Centuries you asked for. Please show me how Schaap's response to a reporter just doing his job by asking question is shown in spirit of the above scripture?

He was angry and full of wrath - we are to use all of scripture not just parts of it.

For example, 'The reason your sorry soul is going to Hell is because a woman told Adam what God thinks about things!"

That is found NO where in scripture. Its also rather a silly response.

Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:1-17), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:1-6, 2 Tim. 2:11–13).

2 Tim 2:14 Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. 17 Their teaching will spread like gangrene.

Jack Schaap was ashamed of what he said, and you could tell by his actions. He had all the videos removed online, because he his response was not proper. If he stood by what he said he would let the tongues wag, and his words stand. He did just the opposite. He acted ashamed, and also sadly rather bitter.

Anonymous said...

I'm a lady from a baptist church that teaches ladies. My pastor is a graduate from that bible college and I know that my pastor might feel the same way. But he won't speak so open and boldly about it. We don't need to know if he would or would not get any preaching ideas bible theology from a woman. We all know what some pretty dumb women made their husbands do in the old testament , you know Eve and Sarah and lots wife and not to mention others. Women sometimes mess thing up. Maybe that's what jack Scott meant. But we all know that men mess thing up too. Look now what he has done. He messed a lot of things up. Pride comes before disstruction.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Awards

Blog Of The Day Awards Winner

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Privacy Policy

| Emotional Abuse and Your Faith © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template by My Blogger Tricks .com |