Friday, June 10, 2011

Chuck Phelps now taking credit for conviction

Posted by Hannah at 11:48 AM



Below is a letter that Chuck Phelps has on his website now.  He is basically attempting to take credit for the conviction that he fought very hard not to help happen in the first place.  The quoted portions are my notes.  His entitlement and diversions is amazing to me.  No humbleness is shown.  Its sad.


A Verdict Reached – Ernie Willis Guilty

The trail of Ernie Willis took place in Concord, NH, from May 23 to 28, 2011.  After a week of hearing witnesses, a jury found Ernie Willis Guilt on all counts placed before them.  There are those who may be curious about my reactions.

I am relieved.  Tina Anderson had a right to seek justice, and she is no doubt thankful that Ernie Willis has been convicted.  Ernie Willis broke the law.  No one has ever denied this.  When Tina made allegations concerning Ernie Willis in 1997, her mother and I reported the matter as a crime to the Concord police department (a fact now affirmed under oath by me, her mother, and the Concord police investigator assigned to the case).  Unfortunately, the Concord police were not diligent to follow-up on the reports given to them.  Further, it was affirmed under oath by me and a Concord police officer that I called the New Hampshire Division of Youth and Family Services and reported Tina’s situation as was required by the law.  Sadly, this report did not bring the immediate follow-up that is expected norm today.

If you note from the trial? 

Chuck Phelps and Christine Leaf both made it clear that Tina made no ‘allegations’ of rape to themthe purpose of the trial.  They both repeatedly reminded everyone she never said she was ‘raped’.  It was a ‘convert dating relationship’, and Phelps even noted on camera that he didn’t consider it rape.  By calling this a ‘covert dating relationship’ does infer that he felt it was ‘consensual’, and not a crime at least in his eyes. 

What Chuck Phelps is leaving out is they do not have record of him contacting the police, but do have a record of him contacting New Hampshire's child services.  The police officer he mentions above contacted him – after children’s services reported to the officer, and Phelps never returned the calls.  Chuck Phelps also needs to realize that he had a ethic and moral obligation – besides his duty lawfully – to follow up if he KNEW for sure Ernie Willis broke the law – as he claims no one denied.  He needs to apologize for his lack of ‘diligent follow-up’ as well, that should have been expected to be ‘norm’ now and at the time. 

At my recommendation Mrs. Leaf took Tina to see a licensed medical professional who examined her in private and never called the police (a fact also established by the medical professional’s testimony in court).

The facts posted on this website since the April 8th 20/20 program aired have now been stated under oath.  On Tuesday, May 24, 2011, the court determined that I could share what had previously been confidential information which I received from Mr. Willis many years ago.  The release of this information no doubt played a very important part in bringing these matters to justice.



I have no doubt that Chuck Phelps notes did help in trial.  What he doesn’t mention is how he and his lawyer fought to keep them OUT of this trial.

The judge basically told him because he made statements to the 20/20 program, and also had a website up?  He can’t use ‘confidentially’ the way he wanted to.  He was forced to use them, even after he made it clear that he was NOT happy that Brian Fuller (current pastor of Trinity Church) released them to police without his permission. 

Did it play an important part in bringing these matters to justice?  Yes.  Despite his effort to make sure they were NOT used.  That kind of changes things doesn’t it?

So in the rush to DEFEND himself, because he felt he was being put ‘under the bus’ his own actions, and judgment to this present day are being called into question.   Chuck Phelps didn’t literally depend on the Lord to handle this war for him did he?

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident. (Psalm 27: 1, 3)

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7-8)

I am thankful for the prayers that have been offered for me, my ministry, and my family.  They have been much appreciated and have greatly encouraged my heart during this time.  We have learned much.

Ecclesiastes 8:11 says, “Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefor the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.”  Sadly, justice for Ernie Willis was long in coming.  Much evil has resulted.  I ask you simply to join me in praying that clarity will replace confusion and that God will be glorified.

Yes I pray that Chuck Phelps’s confusion – or covertly covering his butt – will be replaced with clarity and repentance of his own actions, attitudes, and teachings.    Taking his lumps for his poor judgment, lack of discernment, etc would be a proper show of humility.  Sadly, this letter almost hints at the fact he wishes to take some credit for the conviction.
 
Matthew 6:1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
   2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
    5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Chuck Phelps is either stubbornly wanted to hold on to his justifications, or sadly after all this time truly doesn’t grasp the reality of what truly happened.
Unfortunately, another victim is coming forward.  Chuck Phelps is again ‘covering his butt’, and still not owing up to his part.
…join me in praying that clarity will replace confusion and that God will be glorified.

Indeed!
P.S.  Last time I checked he took down his letter to 20/20.  I still have it.


If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!



Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Technorati Digg This Stumble Facebook Twitter Delicious

1 comments:

Spin on 6:07 PM said...

So easy to take credit when it's all said and done with... sheesh!! People know the truth and whatever Phelps says from now on will be questioned. His witness and reputation are tainted big time.

It's terrible the way he handled the situation back then, and how he proved he hasn't changed by the way he handled the situation now.

I know my abusive ex hasn't changed by the way he is still acting. Being sorry and repenting means to turn away from the old way. Neither of these men have done that.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Awards

Blog Of The Day Awards Winner

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Privacy Policy

| Emotional Abuse and Your Faith © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template by My Blogger Tricks .com |